Thread: Ford 8.8 build

Hybrid View

Ford 8.8 build

I'm new to the club as of today. I moved back to Lafayette from Indiana and had a good talk with Jeff about joining. My project now that I am here is building an 8.8 for the rear end of my Tj. I have the artec truss with all brackets as well as an arb locker. Anyone have experience with building up an 8.8? Also is there anybody that has experience with setting gears with a locker and welding on an axle? I can weld but I do not trust myself with the axle because I feel like I would warp it quite easily.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hello!
    I setup gears on the side, I'm happy to do it for you. The 8.8 is a great swap, did you get one with disc brakes too?
    Welding is on is not hard, to stop it from warping you just have to weld in small sections at a time. That's a very nice truss system too, it saves a lot of time.

Yes it is out of a late 90s explorer so it's 5x4.5 bolt pattern, 31 spline count, and about an inch and a half shorter than the 35. It came with the whole brake set up I just need an adjustable proportioning valve to use the disks. What do you charge for the gears?

Quote Originally Posted by Churchy30 View Post
    Yes it is out of a late 90s explorer so it's 5x4.5 bolt pattern, 31 spline count, and about an inch and a half shorter than the 35. It came with the whole brake set up I just need an adjustable proportioning valve to use the disks. What do you charge for the gears?

I sent ya a pm.